Pet Sports include competitions or games involving 1 or more pets competing together with their owners at various levels.
Pet Sports examples include pet soccer, horse racing, greyhound racing, rodeos, dog agility events, bull fighting, etc… Two of the most common animals involved in Pet Sports are dogs and horses. There are many types of animal sporting events, with varying levels of participation from humans. Some pet sport events are solely between the animals while others use the animals in a lesser role.
What are the pros and cons of Pet or Animal Sports?
Pet Sports have many advantages and disadvantages.
Here are the advantages of Pet Sports:
- The pets and their owner exercise together and have fun doing it.
- The pets and their owners bond around their common goal of winning while having fun.
- The pets and their owner meet and befriend other pets and owner involved in the competition.
- Pet Sports are ideal occasions for raising money for charities dedicated toward important causes like the protection of animals, the eradication of diseases like cancer,etc…
- Animal cruelty. Some pet owners push their pet above the limit during competition and it sometimes result to death or severe injuries to the animals involved, because they are sometimes forced to please their owner by going above their physical limits.
- The exploitation of pets by their owner for their own pleasure or wealth.
Here are some pet sports resources: